NEET’s Privacy Statement
NEET is committed to compliance with The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that apply in the UK from 25 May 2018. These replace the 1998 Data Protection Act and have introduced new rules on your right to privacy, processing and safeguarding personal data. NEET will ensure that it keeps your personal information accurate, up to date and secure to provide you with efficient services.
NEET will only collect and use information under the lawful basis of the General Data Protection Regulations Article 6 Legitimate Interests and Article 9 Special Category Data-in the Provision of Health and Social Care services.
NEET is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
1.Who we are:
Northcliffe Environmental Enterprises Team (NEET) is a registered charity that operates as an independent business.
NEET’s registered office for correspondence is: 6 Finkil Street, Brighouse, HD6 2LS and we are a registered Charity in England under number 1117620 and business number 05672008.
2. What data we collect
We collect the personal data you provide to us when signing up for membership, newsletters, updates or events, to receive information from us. This personal data can include your name, email address, land and mobile phone numbers and other contact details.
3. How we use your personal data
We process your personal data so we can interact with you as a member of NEET and to deliver member benefits (if registered as a member).
We also need to interact with non-members who have requested to receive our services.
We use your personal data to:
- Send you our email newsletters, information, events and updates that you have requested
- Offer you member priority invitations to our events
- Ensure that the information we hold is kept accurate and up to date
- Notify you about changes to our services.
We do not undertake any automated decision making or profiling.
4. Our reasons for using your data
We will process your personal data for several reasons:
- Processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests, we have legitimate business interests in:
o delivering communications
o attracting new members
o collecting opinions
o managing events
- You have given us consent. All electronic marketing communications (such as newsletters) include the option to directly unsubscribe or you can email email@example.com to ask for your preferences to be updated;
- Is necessary to deliver a contract or service.
5. How long will we keep your data
We will keep your personal data for as long as you continue to be a member and as long as is reasonably necessary afterwards to fulfil any legal requirements.
6. How we protect your data
We take the security of your personal information seriously. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure and unlawful or unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. For example, we have adopted internal data protection procedures and trained our staff on them with a view to preventing breaches of security.
We take all reasonable steps to protect any personal information you submit via the website. However, as our website is grouped to the internet, which is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via our website.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Who we share your personal data with
NEET will not sell your information to any third party.
We may share your information with third parties where we have a legal duty to do so or to provide you with a service you have asked for.
8. Your Rights
As an individual you have explicit rights under general data protection regulation:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
- The right to withdraw your consent to the collection, holding and processing of your personal data at any time.
9. Accessing your data
We are legally required to act on requests and provide information free of charge. We will respond to acknowledge your request and provide the information within one month of receiving your request. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject access request in the subject line.
10. Lodging A Complaint
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal information in a way that is not in accordance with the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the UK responsible for the implementation and enforcement data protection law: the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). You can contact the ICO via their website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ – or by calling their helpline – 0303 123 1113.
11. Changes to NEET’s Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated in March 2021